Retirement can come with a lot of tax questions and concerns. From understanding the tax implications of withdrawing from your retirement accounts to minimizing taxes on investment income, it can be overwhelming.
On today’s episode, we’ll break down the top tax questions retirees are asking in 2023. Before you file your 2022 taxes and plan ahead for the rest of the year, make sure to listen to this episode as we’ll discuss some important tax questions that retirees should ask themselves to ensure they’re making the most of their retirement savings and minimizing their tax burden.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- What are the tax implications of withdrawing money from my retirement accounts? (2:03)
- Is pension income taxed differently than other forms of income? (6:31)
- Will your taxes change if you decide to move to another state in retirement? (8:40)
- What are the tax considerations for gifting money to children or grandchildren during retirement? (12:26)
- Are there any tax issues with starting a small (or side) business in retirement? (14:19)
- How would selling my home impact my taxes? (15:32)
If you’re ready to start putting off your financial planning, we make it easy to set up a time to meet and have that first appointment. Visit our online calendar here to begin.