Money can’t buy love, but it can certainly start some spicy debates between you and your better half. In this episode, we’re digging into the financial face-offs that make Monopoly fights look like child’s play and exploring some money minefields that can test even the most solid relationships. Listen in as we explore how to resolve some of the most common financial sources of tension between couples.
From risk tolerance in investments to retirement age, legacy planning, housing decisions, and desired lifestyles we’ll discuss some areas where couples commonly disagree on financial decisions. Discover how emotions, past experiences, and differing viewpoints affect financial decisions and get an inside look at how financial advisors navigate resolving tension and finding compromise. Make sure to tune back in for part two of this episode, where we will look at 5 other financial disagreements between couples.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Disagreements on risk tolerance in investing. (2:02)
- Deciding on your retirement timeline as a couple. (6:07)
- Leaving behind a legacy for your children. (8:32)
- Should you stay in your home or downsize in retirement? (11:44)
- What do you want your retirement lifestyle to look like? (16:06)
If you’re ready to start putting off your financial planning, we make it easy to set up a time to meet and have that first appointment. Visit our online calendar here to begin.