Welcome back to part two of our discussion on resolving financial tension between couples. In this episode, we’ll explore five more common areas of financial tension: emergency fund size, charitable contributions, handling inheritances, insurance needs, and financial management style. Stay tuned to learn how advisors like Shari work to resolve conflicts in these areas as they arise.
Throughout this episode, Shari emphasizes the importance of open communication between partners to understand each other’s financial goals, preferences, and concerns. She also discusses the benefits of seeking professional advice to help navigate complex financial matters, provide accountability, and share fresh perspectives on situations that might be causing tension.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Getting on the same page about how much to have in an emergency fund. (2:36)
- Finding the right amount to give to charities. (6:19)
- Deciding what to do with an inheritance. (8:27)
- Having conversations about insurance and long-term care. (11:51)
- Disagreeing on how to handle financial management. (14:31)
If you’re ready to start putting off your financial planning, we make it easy to set up a time to meet and have that first appointment. Visit our online calendar here to begin.